New Race Director: CHRIS BALDWIN
The 2018 Catsmacker
and Kitty Tickler fun run
Saturday, May 19, 2018
6:45 Trail briefing, 7:00 am Start
Distance: 22 miles
Terrain: Plenty of hills
Surface: Forest roads with some single track and double track
Also a 12-mile Kitty Tickler option
Queens and Kings of the Trail!
The 2017-2018 Ultra Trail Series awards ceremony will be held after the run. This is a NO-POINTS UTS run. It is the season-closer and basically
a celebration of the end of another amazing year in Arkansas ultrarunning. A chance to close out the year with your closest friends.
To get there:
You should be able to find Williams Junction, AR on most maps; it is approximately 30 miles west of Little Rock on Hwy 10, or 20 miles south of Morrilton on Hwy 9. To get to the race site from Williams Junction, go north on Hwy 10/9 for a mile and a half, then take Hwy 324 and follow for three and a half miles. Park on right hand side of road by Camp Ouachita. If the road turns to gravel you went half mile too far.
- No entry fee, no frills. There will be a donation can to help cover expenses.
- The parking fee at Lake Sylvia is $3.00
- There will be a waiver to sign morning of run.
- There will be an unmanned aid station at mile 9.5 (not part of Kitty) and at mile 14 (mile 6 for Kitty).
- Please carry a water bottle and any snacks you want. Food at the aid stations will be minimal.
- There is a swim area at the finish line for those who want to cool off after the run.
- A cook will serve lunch at the finish. It will be burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers and all the trimmings.
- The park does not allow dogs, please do not bring your dog into the Sylvia Park area.
- For more information, contact the race director Chris Baldwin
The roads/trails used, in order, for The Catsmacker course:
- FSR 152 (from Start at Lake Sylvia Park) turning Right on FSR 132
- FSR 132 staying straight on FSR 94
- FSR 94 turning right on FSR 805
- FSR 805 turning right on HWY 324
- HWY 324 to finish at Lake Sylvia Park
- The Kitty Run course is the same as above with one deviation that is seen on the map. Approximately 3.5 miles into the course the Kitty run incorporates the Ouachita Trail for 1.5 miles and then turns back right onto FR 805.
Course marking will consist of signs, flagging with colored ribbon, and flour to mark directional information. In general, the focus is on marking turns and intersections. "Confidence" markings will be relatively rare. We recommend that participants print off maps if they are unsure of the course.
It is always a good idea to carry a cell phone.
The service is poor but most for of the course is higher up and has some service.
If you are unfamiliar with the area, run with a buddy and
study the Google Map
Print out the Course Map
and carry it with you.
Find us on Facebook